Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Offshore Construction Lead-Gas
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s petroleum industry’s pioneer and leader. We put a lot of money into our workers, as seen by our industry-leading development program and our commitment to seeing our employees’ ideas become reality.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Offshore Construction Lead – Gas
Requisition ID: R60721
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Family Group: Projects
Worker Type: Regular
Business Unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
Where You Fit in
Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business supports the company’s operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar being a responsible operator. We use our technical, commercial, and digital skills to competitively optimize production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio.
As Offshore Construction Lead – Gas Development, you will be a member of our SPDC Nigeria HI Gas Development Leadership Team and you will directly manage all Offshore Installation aspects of our HI project in accordance with the contractual and safety requirements, within the budgets allocated and within schedule.
What’s The Role?
In this role, manage the offshore construction aspects of Shell’s HI NAG Development that will develop gas and condensate in Shell’s HI field located in OML 144 in Nigeria’s Shallow Offshore Waters.
Your further accountabilities will include:
- Primary responsibility for health, safety and welfare of offshore personnel.
- Overall responsibility for safe and efficient execution of work scope and ensuring its timely completion, within budget, in accordance with relevant legislation, contract and procedures.
- Maintain communications with Client’s Offshore Representative, vessel/installation management and onshore management.
- Conduct all project briefings with Client’s Representative, vessel / installation Master / OIM, Dive Superintendent etc., to ensure all concerned understand the purpose of the operation, and the proposed method of achieving its completion.
- Support role in developing and lead role in implementing the Site HSE and Quality Plan. Lead role to develop and implement work instructions pertaining to verification inspection activities.
- Lead role in the review and approval of Contractor’s fabrication and erection plans and procedures.
- Lead role in the review and approval of Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s welding procedures. Support role in the review and approval of Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s inspection and test plans (ITP) and quality procedures.
- Lead role to ensure Contractor and Subcontractors have a sufficient number of competent quality personnel.
- Support role to liaise with regulatory authorities.
- Lead role to ensure Contractor’s full understanding of design drawing and project specification requirements.
- Ensure all personnel involved in the offshore construction work are competent and qualified to carry out their appointed task and are familiarized and briefed in accordance with project requirements and onboard policies. May be involved with line Supervisors in selection of respective crews.
- Ensure all personnel involved in the offshore construction work receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner. May request to change out any person who is repeatedly unable to carry out his role in the operation despite being given additional coaching and assistance. In all instances must provide a detailed written report regarding the individual’s deficiencies.
- Lead role in developing and executing a structural verification program.
- Lead role in supervision and training of the offshore construction verification staff (welding engineer, structural inspectors, piping inspectors, dimensional inspectors, NDT inspectors, coatings inspectors, E&I inspector).
- Interface focal point for construction, inspection, loadout and marine operation related issues and communications between Contractor, team members and other SPDC personnel.
What We Need From You?
We’re keen to hear from Individuals who Graduated from any Engineering discipline and who are COREN registered with working knowledge of oil and gas facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices. Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Minimum of 15 years in engineering design and construction experience with at least 5 years in offshore construction lead position.
- Extensive Project management experience and skills – Minimum GPES Lv2, with proven record of leading similar projects.
- Can manage as required the relationship with key stakeholders to achieve projects’ objectives.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with development and production of oil and gas.
- Proven track record of results delivery in challenging project environments.
- Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and engineering work processes.
- Experience in Contract management.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds, self-motivated starter.
- Skills and competencies such as; Skills in managing Strategic and Front-end Processes.
- Project Execution
- Resource & Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Project Control Processes
- Project Context
- Contracting and Procurement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply