Recruitment at Solidarites International for a MEAL Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension.
Goal / Purpose
Within the Nigeria mission and under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the MEAL Manager ensures that the MEAL strategy of the mission is implemented at the base level by the department’s team. He / she:
- Supervises the department’s team.
- Implements and pursues the objectives of the department.
- Provides methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of M&E plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, a measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, looks over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by his/her department (studies, maps…).
- Makes sure his/her department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers;
- Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
- Participate in developing a sector-based strategy (M&E, accountability, gender, do no harm) in accordance with SI’s policies and priorities for the intervention country
- Participate in programming work.
Training and technical support
- Develop program teams’ capacities in the department’s field of expertise: data collection and analysis (method, format, software etc.), a measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc. Develop training modules along with the MEAL Coordinator.
- Provide program teams with technical and methodological support for M&E activities, data management (questionnaire design, sampling, data entry, extraction of useful data and interpretation) and integration of cross-cutting issues.
- Support program teams in creating or adapting tools for: indicators monitoring, impact monitoring (M&E plan and survey tools) or risk analysis.
Monitoring and Evaluation of SI programs
- Propose and organize M&E missions in collaboration with technical coordinators, field coordinator and program managers, with the support departments (administrative, logistic);
- Post-intervention Monitoring;
- Elaborate or contribute to the elaboration, review and harmonization of M&E tools, data management, especially in M&E Plans.
- Validate relevance of reports, analysis, maps and recommendations produced by the MEAL department.
- Propose adjustments, new activities to improve the quality of the operations or approaches, in consultation with PMs and MEAL Coordinator.
- Follow up the mission with program teams to integrate cross-cutting issues;
- Do-no-harm analysis;
- Thematic studies;
- Follow up of accountability monitoring frameworks.
- Participate in the implementation of the accountability strategy such as defined and led by the Field Coordinator/Head of Mission.
- Ensure that complaints are registered and logged complaints into a formal database.
- Ensure that complaints are addressed and that an appropriate and timely response is given to the complainant.
- Train field teams on CRM information plan
- Contribute to the CRM standard operating procedures design
- Ensure that complaint response mechanism is established and are accessible to all stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB)
- Build on institutional knowledge of M&E activities and missions’ results (lessons learned and recommendations) and make sure these are known by PMs.
- Support recommendation tracking process and work together with MEAL Coordinator and Field Coordinator on action plans.
- Use SI’s IKB tools to document MEAL tools and methodologies/approaches.
- Produce a detailed handover report in the approved SI format at the end of the employment.
Coordination and operational monitoring
- Ensure consolidation, validation and close follow-up on the department’s activity work plan.
- Proactively collaborate with program managers and program teams on each step of MEAL activities according to SI’s procedures.
- Ensure achievement of the department’s objectives.
- Actively participate in base meetings
- Take part in the monthly review of programs (budget, operational, logistics…) and of budget follow up for his/her department.
HR management / Capacity Development
- Together with the MEAL Coordinator and Field Coordinator, define the MEAL set up and HR needs on the base
- Take part in the department’s staff recruitment with the administrative department
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility
- Supervise and support MEAL teams in implementing their action plan and achievement of their objectives.
- Identify training needs.
- Makes sure that handover reports are produced by all staff and are shared with coordination.
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Make sure that all new staff are briefed on MEAL’s roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and assess the performance of collaborators under his/her direct supervision.
- Supervise adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision.
Reporting / communication / representation
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Validate and disseminate final versions of M&E reports, studies and analysis produced by the department.
- Ensure a proper archiving of all MEAL productions.
- Represent SI when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN, and other international agencies in cooperation with the Program Managers and field coordinator
- Participate in writing project proposals and reports’ paragraphs on crosscutting issues and MEAL.
- Make sure the right formats and delays are respected.
- Studies: B.Sc / Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Aid and / or Development and / or International Project Management, Statistics, or related course
- Experience: 3 years’ practical experience in MEAL functions with other INGO
- Languages: English, Hausa and any local languages spoken in Zamfara
- Good Data collection, analysis and information management skills
- Excellent planning, reporting skills
- Commitment to capacity building and mentorship of their team.
- IT: Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, any statistical package like SPSS and Power BI, Strong knowledge in Kobo Toolbox or ODK or survey CTO, ArcGIS or QGis and other data collection and analysis tools.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + Social benefits (Medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, Compassionate leaves, Public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Instruction and Notice
- Select MEAL Manager, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
- Qualified Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th February, 2022.