Softcom Limited Recruits Information Security Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Security Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The job role will involve organizational strategic decision-making, system implementations, and the driving the creation and adoption of new processes and procedures improving the security and robustness of the organization’s infrastructure, data, IT projects and associated systems.
- As the Lead Information security Officer you will be overseeing the team(s) that are working to identify and safeguard your organization from all known and developing security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits.
- You will have overall responsibility for both the staff and management processes that keep your organization secure from the ever-present threats that an insecure and dangerous world creates.
- You will be ultimately responsible for overseeing the organization’s current Data, IT and Information Security and any new software or hardware modifications impacting upon overall data security.
- The buck stops with you when it comes to defining, implementing and maintaining corporate security policies, and associated procedures.
- Definition, Scoping, Creation and execution of IT and Data Security strategies enhancing the reliability and security of the IT systems, projects and underlying data at your organisation.
- Overseeing managers and teams that you are responsible for, allocating resources to ensure that staff deliver secure and robust IT solutions to any of the organisations’ identified and agreed requirements.
- Ensure compliance with any related legislation, such as the PCI DSS, PA DSS, Data Protection Act, ISO standards or relevant government regulations.
- Plan budget allocations and associated financial forecasts relating to IT, Data and Information security.
- Manage your staff’s technical and personal development, new hires, dispute resolution, redundancy and potentially termination of staff.
- Liaise with and manage your partners, stakeholders, vendors, and third party service or solutions providers.
- Oversee projects, budgets and resources under your remit with a view to ensuring that the organisation gets a favourable return on its investments in staff, hardware, software and service providers.
- Overseeing planning and execution of necessary vulnerability audits, penetration testing or forensic IT audits and investigations. Ensure that outputs improve the organization’s IT Security.
- Liaise with senior level directors, the organization’s board and other key stakeholders plus managers, programmers and IT Security risk-assessment staff under your remit.
- Oversee integration of new IT Systems development with the organization’s overall IT, Data and Information Security policies.
- Oversee staff training in all the latest security awareness skills, Check associated protocols, methodologies and procedures are implemented.
- Degree in Computer Science or a Technology-related field is required.
- Professional security management certification
- Knowledge of relevant IT Security related hardware, software and vendor solutions
- Practical experience of computer operating systems such as MS Windows, UNIX/Linux
- Deep thinking analytical mind with the ability to quickly get to the root cause of issues.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply