DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024 – Application Link
Are you searching for link to apply for DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024? Looking for how to Apply for DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024? Requirements for DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024? Benefits of DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024? if yes..then you are in the right portal to find answers to all questions. Stay calm and read onBefore we continue, kindly note in this study program, you can complete a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course) at a state German college of music of your choice.
DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024 – Application Link
Postgraduate studies are possible in the so-called 2nd cycle (usually a four-semester Master’s degree) or a 3rd cycle which usually takes place in two semesters (concert examination, masterclass, or Ph.D. in an artistic subject).
This program only funds projects in the artistic field. Other DAAD scholarship programs are available for applicants from the field of musicology or music education or musicians with a scientific project.
What you should know about the Scholarship Application
Type: Masters, Short Course/Training
Eligible Countries: International
Eligibility to Apply for DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024
The scholarship programme is open for candidates with the following criteria below:
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of Music at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program; if this is not possible, they should have at least exhausted all the training options available for their instrument in their country of origin.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- The respective college of music is responsible for deciding age limits for admission, whereby differing rules may be applied depending on the applicant’s academic level and chosen subject.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master’s or postgraduate degree program which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
– The study visit is essential for the achievement of the scholarship objective.
– The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
– The study period does not take place in the home country.
Language: Applicants in the field of music should have a knowledge of the language of instruction that corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship. If you do not yet have the language skills required by the university at the time of your application, your application should indicate the extent to which you are in a position to reach the required level. After you have been awarded a scholarship, take advantage of the funding opportunities described under “Value”.
Selection Criteria: A special DAAD committee made up of professors from German colleges of music makes the final decision about scholarships in the field of music. The decision is based upon written applications and sound recordings which have to be submitted.
Benefits of the Scholarship Programme
Value of Award:
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4, or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language at the German host institution is German.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
Master’s degree program:
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study program or study project
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study program (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study program can be successfully completed within the standard period of study. Therefore, a reference from the main subject teacher will be required.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study.
- An extension of the scholarship is possible if changing to a new stage in studies is intended (usually from a Master’s degree to an advanced program of study such as a concert exam or master class). For particularly qualified candidates, it is possible to apply for an extension for a concert exam for up to two years.
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification:
- One academic year. In individual cases, the scholarship can be extended on request
- Start: usually on 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study program
In other not to miss this great opportunity,all applications must be completed and submitted latest 28th September 2023
How to Apply for DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024
To know how to apply and get full information about DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship In Music 2024
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below