Kenya Airways Job Recruitment For Station Officer
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 42 destinations worldwide, 35 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually.
Kenya Airways Job Recruitment For Station Officer
In 2020 KQ was named Africa’s Leading Airline by the World Travel Awards. It continues to modernize its fleet with its 32 aircraft being some of the youngest in Africa. This includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Station Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- Reporting to the Station Manager, the ideal candidate will be required to oversee the day to day operations in consultation with the Station Manager whilst ensuring implementation of the station management system.
- He/she will also be required to ensure that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered in accordance with the company policies and procedures and in compliance with the regulatory authorities.
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant policies, processes and procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Conduct internal audit/spot checks to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures, service standards and recommended practices.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy, secure and cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and ensure compliance with the relevant industry/legislative requirements and company procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- File and retain the flight plan to comply with legal and company requirements to ensure aircraft operations safety (where necessary).
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accident.
- Monitor to ensure that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered by third parties as per contract and Service Level agreement and in accordance with the company policies and procedures and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Oversee efficient passenger handling at check in, boarding and arrivals for positive pleasant customer experience and ensure achievement of passenger satisfaction and comfort.
- In the absence of the Station Manager, liaise with relevant authorities and ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures and represent Kenya Airways at AOC meetings to address airport facilitation issues.
- Consult, communicate and disseminate information as appropriate to passengers, staff and third-party service providers to eliminate lapses in service delivery/recovery.
- Prepare and file all flight handling reports and other reports for effective management of information.
- Deputize the station manager when he/she is out of Station/away from duty.
- Promote company image to enhance public relations and customer loyalty
- Ensure implementation of KQ WAY best practice at the station.
- Direct, monitor and control the departure process for on time departure of flights within the established safety and security procedures.
- Foster and maintain good working relationship with other airlines and airport stakeholders to facilitate smooth Kenya Airways (KQ) operations.
- Plan, brief, supervise and ensure efficient allocation of tasks and responsibilities to staff for optimal shift performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Higher Diploma from a recognized University.
- Experience in all round airport handling with at least 3 years in supervisory role.
- Safety Management System (SMS) Awareness training.
- Financial Management/Cost Control Awareness.
- ALTEA DCS – CM and FM.
- Excellent analytical, negotiations and influencing skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Airside Safety –Initial and Aviation Security –Initial trainings.
- KQ – Dangerous Goods Regulations Category 10 (CAT 10).
- Station/Ground Handling Management (IATA) or equivalent.
- Passenger Handling Training.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Customer focus.
- Results oriented.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees …and more!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below