Mercy Corps Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021: Register Here – This is to inform the general public of Mercy Corps Recruitment form. All you need to register or apply successfully are all contained here.
Mercy Corps Recruitment Application Form Portal 2021: Register Here
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intervention Intern
Requisition Number: INTER002023
Location: Biu, Borno
Employment Type: Internship
Job Category: Programming
Reports Directly To: Intervention Officers
Works Directly With: Rural Resilience team, Operations, and Finance teams
General Position Summary
- This position is based in Biu with major responsibility in supporting the teams in record retention, initiating procurement requests, the focal point for documentation, securing approvals for the Rural Resilience Activity in Borno, assisting the Intervention officers in day-to-day tasks.
- He/she will be responsible for submitting timely reports to the Ministry of Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (MRRR) on monthly basis.
Essential Job Functions
- The focal point for Rural Resilience Activity documentation retention in compliance to PM@MC minimum standard and manage the documentation of the sector for audit and donor compliance.
- Liaise with finance, OPS and Rural Resilience Activity offices to provide necessary program-related documentation when required.
- Maintaining all documentation relating to Rural Resilience Activity required ensuring accountability to the participants and donors.
- Oversee administrative matters this include drafting of service contracts for service providers, daily hire staff, tracking service contract expirations, renewals and closing the contracts.
- Assisting in organizing internal and external meetings for the Rural Resilience Activity.
- Folder management to keep program staff updated on all documents and make it possible for them to easily access required documents in google drive and/or team drive
- Photo Management for Rural Resilience Activity, documenting lessons learnt and success stories.
- Assisting the Intervention officers on all administrative affairs in liaison with other relevant team members.
- He/she will be a focal point for all the field demands to seek approvals, follow up with program support and program management/team lead on the approvals of PRs and POs and preparation of payment documents and following up on approval, reviews, procurement and payment processes as per approval authority matrix, and final submission to finance team for pay-out.
- Assisting the Intervention Officers in planning and coordination to ensure the effective engagement with government, partners and program implementation in Southern Borno.
- Any other duty when assigned.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Fresh University Graduate / HND in Public Administration, Office Management or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with team members required.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, flexible, culturally sensitive
- Fluency in both verbal and written English is highly preferred. Fluency in Hausa is required, ability to speak Bura-Pabir is an added advantage.
- Multi-tasking, coordination, organization, prioritization skills are essential.
- Highly-developed MS Office utility skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- The successful candidate will combine curiosity and a strong willingness to learn in the shortest possible time that will enable the candidate to meet the expectations of this role.
- The candidate should be equipped with an additional attribute of a “want-to-do” attitude. S/he will be an effective communicator, self-motivated with dedication towards deliverables and commitment to deliver with limited time and resources.
- S/He will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work with limited direct supervision.
- S/he will be willing to conduct several days-long field travels and work in an ethnically and culturally diversified and fast-growing team.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills, a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together.
- Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
- We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis.
- We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
- We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
- Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity.
- We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members.
- As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
- Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2021.
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
For questions and challenges, Click Here