Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment For Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment For Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Job Identification: 9921
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Duration of Contract: Till 31st December 2023, with possibility of extension
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Grade: 7 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting line: Reports to the M&E Manager
- Under the supervision of the M&E Manager, the M&E coordinator will support the implementation of the M&E strategy and processes. Using NRC’ standards, he/she will ensure that quality standards and learning are integrated into programme implementation. By promoting contextual data analysis/visualization, the M&E coordinator will support the programme team to develop, update and consolidate planning, monitoring and learning tools.
- He/she will provide technical and field support for the implementation of research, monitoring, and evaluation activities, data binning, and application/use of findings in coordination with technical teams.
- S/he will seek opportunities to ensure effective impact and outcome measurement, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Contribute to capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making through quality programming and effective programme and project performance at country level. Ensure that the country office delivers on internal and external M&E requirements and standards in a timely manner and with quality data.
- Contribute to project and program planning, kick-offs and review meetings, including preparing and sharing monitoring data on progress and challenges.
- Support programme team to develop requisite M&E tools (M&E matrix, indicator reference protocols, Indicator performance tracking tables and quality benchmarks).
- Ensure planning tools are context-sensitive (eg: Covid 19) and ensure that gender is integral to M&E activities.
- Technically support needs assessments, post distribution monitoring surveys and outcomes surveys.
- Analyse data focusing on correlation, causation and provide quality support and advice to programme team, including through field monitoring visits, inputs to programmatic reports and quality control of distributions and post distributions.
- Refer to NRC’s standards and processes and support monthly data review, assess gaps and develop plans to fill those gaps in consultation with the program team.
- In close collaboration with programme staff, ensure that monthly data are reviewed and entered into an internal data management platform.
- Support project, program and country regular monitoring and reporting, including internal and donor reporting so that reports are evidence-based and include relevant quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide capacity building, coaching and training to programme staff to ensure that M&E standards is consistently and systematically integrated in all programmes/ projects.
- In collaboration with the M&E Manager, develop a monthly M&E report to present trends, gaps at the country level.
- Develop a systematic method of capturing qualitative stories and project effects on beneficiary communities.
- Work with technical and field teams to identify key methodologies to enable advocacy and campaigning impact measurement, document lessons learnt and disseminate findings.
- Maintain a central and systematic information and knowledge management system whereby relevant project information, data and lessons of programs are accessible for use as required.
- Support that learning is built into programme activities, ensuring that findings and lessons learnt are shared and used in an appropriate way to inform ongoing implementation and future programming.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
Generic Professional Competencies for this Position:
- At least 4 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Good organisational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and report in a timely manner.
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to be proactive in working with others and have very good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Experience in capacity building efforts using formal and non-formal methods.
Context Related Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Experience in using at least Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (CSPro, Kobocollect) and Power BI. Knowledge of ArcGis, Gretl, Salford-Predictive-Miner (SPM), XLMiner, WasHMIS collect, Tableau is a plus.
- Good experience in classification, regression, missing value analysis, data binning and clustering/segmentation.
- Ability to synthesis a considerable volume of technical material.
- Advanced English Language level (Business English is a plus).
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Diplomatic skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th March, 2023 (07:53 PM)
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below