Recruitment at Microsoft Corporation for Security Manager
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational technology corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, United States. Computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services are developed, manufactured, licensed, supported, and sold by the company. The Microsoft Windows operating system, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers among the company’s most well-known software products.
Recruitment at Microsoft Corporation for Security Manager
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Job number: 1266827
Profession: Business Programs & Operations
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- In this role you will provide operational and tactical delivery for the physical security of all personnel and the infrastructure of the Microsoft Corporation, thereby ensuring a safe working environment that supports the organisation and the aims and objectives of its core business within the Africa Development Center in Nigeria.
- Key to this role is developing and maintaining a synergy with peers in Global Security to provide balanced programs and operations support within the country and region.
- You are someone who leads by example and fosters an open work environment where cross-collaboration, inclusiveness, and diversity are valued.
- You are able to provide program and project updates in a concise, professional manner both spoken and written.
- You are a self-starter with a growth and innovative mindset and experience driving transformation at the operational level.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and are comfortable in a fast-paced operational environment which requires strong and decisive leadership.
- You can perform to a high standard in the most complex, ambiguous and changing environment of security issues.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills arriving at considered decisions.
- In this role, you will be responsible for protecting Microsoft and its employees, guests, and suppliers from physical security risks.
- Evaluate, develop and execute country security strategies, (in co-ordination with local, regional, and national law enforcement agencies where required), including the delivery of; security assessments; country specific risk/threat analysis; training awareness programmes; supplier security operations, and; building access permissions, including access to the critical areas.
- Liaise as directed by Global Security with governmental, consular, and private sector agencies, within your area of responsibility, to protect and enhance the Microsoft security programme and business accountabilities.
- Ensure the standards of security suppliers’ service delivery, reporting and budgetary objectives meet or exceed expectations.
- Develop and implement contingency plans, for the immediate resolution of strategic and tactical applications for regional security standards, policy and procedures, through leadership and direction and embrace change to take advantage of business opportunity, for the short, medium and long term.
- Actively support cross – business group processes, programmes and projects as delegated by Global Security.
- Maintain an effective network across the business group, both internal and external, to ensure your expertise is recognised and valued to assist others in achieving maximum efficiency.
- Conduct risk/threat assessment reviews when delegated by Global Security, at all levels, to ensure resource management, project management and problem-solving issues are addressed both internally and externally.
- Maintain a network of communication to support your operational effectiveness and demonstrate the level of expertise within Global Security.
- Ability to take direction, feedback, and guidance from management and provide frequent project updates to ensure alignment with team goals.
- Working knowledge/experience of physical security topics, technology, risk and security mitigations
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including communicating effectively with business and technical teams.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with others and work as a team.
- Manage security suppliers in operational support capacities to ensure mission objectives are being met, including quality of service, delivery, pricing, reporting, and customer satisfaction
- Manage, and/ provide operational support and guidance to Global Security, during any occurrence of a crisis management situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to connect the dots organizationally, network effortlessly, and influence various roles and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence.
- Deadline-driven, with a proactive mindset to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to take ideas from concept to completion, meet deadlines, and communicate and follow up swiftly and thoroughly is critical to the success of this role.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience as a security manager or advisor in public, private or corporate security organisations, with a proven track record of driving business outcomes.
- B.Sc / BA or equivalent Degree, or equivalent industry experience.
- Providing support for internal policy, procedures and strategy.
- High level of inter-personal skills and communication in all aspects and at all levels.
- The ability to work independently and make decisions to maintain organisational objectives.
- Available 24/7.
- Recognised skills in supporting and directing security activities at multiple geographic locations.
- Skills in supporting vendors and other outside contractors.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work