Recruitment at Oando Plc for a Corporate Communications Manager
One of the major integrators of energy solutions in Africa is Oando Plc and is looking forward to recruiting a Corporate Communications Manager.
Recruitment at Oando Plc for a Corporate Communications Manager
In addition to a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, it has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange. Based on a shared commitment to Teamwork, Respect, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Directly Reports to: Head, Corporate Communications
Division/Department: Corporate Communications & Social Responsibility
- The Corporate Communications Manager will support the development of the Communications Strategy.
- He / she will develop, protect and enhance the brands reputation with different stakeholders in line with the Company’s strategic positioning and objectives, using a wide array of marketing communication tools and techniques including media engagement, Public Relations, internal communications, events and sponsorship, stakeholder engagement, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and branding.
- He / she will be instrumental in managing the Corporate Communications team to effectively translate the approved Communications Strategy to an implementation plan and the successful execution of said plan on time and within budget.
- The Corporate Communications Manager will also provide communication guidance, support the development of a communication strategy and oversee the execution of plans that reposition Oando Energy Resources (OER) as an indigenous upstream player with technical capacity and capabilities. Like with Group he / she will be tasked with delivering on measurable communication objectives across advertising and branding, PR, internal communications and events and sponsorships to support the achievement of OER’s business objectives.
- He / she will provide communication support to other business subsidiaries as required.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of the Corporate Communications team to effectively translate the approved Communications Strategy to an implementation plan and the successful execution of said plan on time and within budget
- Accountable for development of scenario plans that identify potential risks related to the Company’s brand image, and that of its subsidiaries, possible interventions, and expected outcome / impact
- Develop annual Communciations Plan with a budget defence
- Accountable for the Branding, Events & Sponsorship team’s planning and execution of internal and external events on behalf of the Group and its business entities
- Responsible for the development of Group-wide communication systems, policies and practices based on efficiency processes; ensure compliance to communications models and templates (e.g. for presentations and other Company documentation)
- Manage the PR and Internal Communications team to proactively tell the Oando story (past, present and future) to both internal and external stakeholders using multiple mediums and engaging content
- Monitor Corporate Communications initiatives against approved plan and budget
- to ensure alignment whilst delivering high impact solutions and optimizing costs
- Drive employee engagement by creating and sharing communication that is capable of connecting, informing and inspiring internal stakeholders
- Deliver robust internal communications by driving a multi-channel, two-way internal communications strategy
- Produce periodic management reports for Head of Department to share with Executive Management
- Manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Oversee the execution of communication plans, programs and activities both internally and externally
- Accountable for the development of communication materials including corporate gifts, event booths and brochures
- Research, identify and recommend the best fit platforms for Oando PLC, other subsidiaries and executive management to be associated with
- Ensure OER’s and any other subsidiary brand and visual identity policies are in-line with the Group’s standards
- Develop and manage process for ensuring brand and visual identity are always correctly used internally and externally
- Support the Corporate Governance team through the design and development of corporate materials
- Accountable for the development of content and collateral in support of communication objectives
- Identification and presentation of best fit events, conferences, exhibitions, forums etc for the Company to participate in to enhance brand awareness and equity
- Oversee conference-related logistics
- Serve as corporate branding subject matter expert and provide initial review of all content and creatives before review and approval by Head of Department
- Direct and oversee the webmaster’s management of Oando PLC, OER and any other subsidiary websites and the intranet
- Manage internal and external communications that projects OER as an indigenous upstream player with technical capacity and capabilities and the most desirable place to work and invest in
- Research, identify and present platforms to showcase OER executive management (General Managers) as upstream technical experts to key industry stakeholders
- Through community visits and continuous engagement with the External Relations team development and deployment of a compelling CSR narrative to our internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Investor Relations team through the design and development of corporate collateral, identification of best fit events to attend and translation of IR press statements into news and feature stories
- Monitor performance metrics for Company’s digital media function
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Extent to which corporate communications and brand management strategies, plans and activities are driven by Group and entity corporate strategies
- Extent to which brand values, brand story and achievements are positively reinforced using internal communications, PR, digital media and events and sponsorship
- Quality of reports/papers developed and presented
- Cost effectiveness of solutions deployed
- Growth in followership across all Company social media platforms
- Growth in user engagement on all Company social media platforms
- Growth in internal social media brand ambassadors
- Quality and effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies and the media
- Quality of relationships with direct reports and management of team.
- Quality and effectiveness of implemented internal and external communications efforts / activities
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on print, broadcast and digital platforms
- Increase in positive perception and dialogue on internal and external platforms
- Brand recall and memorability
- Shift in brand associations / perception
- Growth in employee engagement internally
- Improvement in employee affinity to brand
- Growth in internal brand ambassadors
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Administration, or other relevant field
- 10+ years operational experience (Corporate/External Affairs, Brand Management, Corporate Communications, Media and/or Advertising) within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably a multinational corporation or an Oil & Gas company
- Must have – or be capable of – quickly establishing trusted relationships with the media and other key stakeholders
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates understanding of a multi-channel approach to employee engagement through communication
- Good project to program management skills with ability to operate as both a strategic thinker and internal business operator.
- A strategic understanding of both traditional and digital media and public relations
- Experienced at corporate reputation and media management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Recommended: Tangerine Africa Hires for a Financial Advisor
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below