UNICEF Job Recruitment For Health Specialist (Covid-19 Vaccine Delivery)
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
UNICEF Job Recruitment For Health Specialist (Covid-19 Vaccine Delivery)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Specialist (Covid-19 Vaccine Delivery)
Job No.: 552688
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Job
- The incumbent is accountable for professional leadership, technical support and innovation in the development, planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring, evaluation, and oversight management of the covid-19 vaccine deployment efforts of the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office, with a health system strengthening approach, and ensuring its coherence with the overall Covid-19 preparedness and response efforts of the UNICEF Nigeria Country office.
- National strategies to scale-up Covid-19 vaccination (SCALES 2.0 and successive) are updated, scientifically sound, and efficient to deliver results at scale
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the immunization and Covid-19 vaccine deployment strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration and coordination with internal and external partnership, ensuring integration of services
- Harmonized workplans to scale-up Covid-19 vaccination, and integrated micro plans are reviewed, and implemented as per the chronogram, with support from partners and stakeholders
- A clear strategy to integrate Covid-19 vaccination is outlined and investments are addressed to strengthen Primary Health Care and routine immunization services, including social behaviour change approaches a use of innovation and youth engagement
- The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization & Covid-19 vaccine deployment Programme by the effective implementation of integrated Covid-19 vaccine deployment with RI and other supplementary immunization activities.
- All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures, including COVAX reports, HACT reports, and others.
- Public health emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
- Partners are engaged on Covid-19 vaccination, including CoVDP (COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery Partnership) partners, and in-country stakeholders, including Civil Society Organizations, NGOs, and private sector
- National Covid-19 strategy (SCALES 2.0, or subsequent strategies) progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability
- The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation, and management of the Covid-19 vaccine deployment programme, ensuring integration and alignment with country office priorities
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy and Management, Family Health, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, or other fields relevant to public health
- Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO)
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Experience of working in Covid-19 vaccine deployment at national levels will be desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Eight years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in the development, planning, programming, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and managing of public health programs (public health emergencies, disease control, health system strengthening, and/or immunization).
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in public health (case management, communicable and non-communicable diseases, health system strengthening, Primary Health Care, public health emergencies, or similar)
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpins everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Nurtures, Leads, and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2).
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities.
- UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th July, 2022 (West Central Africa Standard Time).
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
- Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
- Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF.
- UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below