NYSC Exemption Letter: How to Apply and Collect NYSC Exemption /Exclusion Certificate – This Article will help guide you on how you can apply for and collect your NYSC Exemption letter or Certificate successfully. NYSC Batch A, Batch B and Batch C prospective corps members (PCM) can apply for their NYSC Certificate of Exemption using the simple steps below.
NYSC Exemption Letter: How to Apply and Collect NYSC Exemption /Exclusion Certificate
We believe this update will be helpful to you in successfully applying for collecting your NYSC Exemption Letter.
Relevance of NYSC Certificate
NYSC certificate is a very vital document for job applications in Nigeria and also for scholarship applications. It is usually taken as a certificate that proves you really graduated from a higher institution. Therefore, those who would not make it to camp can and should apply for Exemption letter or certificate.
Eligible PCMs that can apply for and collect NYSC Exemption Letter/ Exclusion Certificate
- Graduates that are above 30 years of age
- Part-time graduates
- Persons who have been conferred with any National Honour.
- Persons who have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months
- Member of staff of any of the following:
Some special departments (SLT etc)
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service
Requirements for the collection of NYSC Exemption Letter or Certificate
All Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained and adjudge qualified as (B.SC, B.A or HND) holder from any approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are indeed eligible for Exemption Letter or Certificate.
Foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation before they will collect their NYSC Exemption Letter or Certification.
How to Collect NYSC Exemption Letter or Exclusion Certificate
HOME TRAINED GRADUATES
- The process begins from the applicants Institutions; the tertiary institutions attended.The School submits the Master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted.
- This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
Note: For Home Trained Graduates i.e. students that graduated from any Nigeria Higher Institution, Collection of Certificate of Exemption or NYSC Exemption Letter is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
- The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja.
- It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
Note: For Foreign Trained Graduates i.e. students that schooled abroad, Collection of Certificate of Exemption or NYSC Exemption Letter is done at the NYSC Directorate Headquarters at the communicated time.
Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches (batches A, B and C) of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
Also, Collection of Exemption Letter or Certificate is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT – as no one will be allowed to collect for another person.