NYSC Zoning Policy and States Selection Method – Camp Requirements | Camp Rules – This is applicable for NYSC Batch A, Batch B and Batch C in either stream I or II. A lot of Corp members end up being sent to states they do not like or have in mind. Well, This article is here to guide you in your choice for a state during NYSC registration
NYSC Zoning Policy and States Selection Method – Camp Requirements | Camp Rules
NYSC Zoning’s Policy
Since 2016 NYSC Batch A, the NYSC ZONING POLICY was Updated.
This Policy allows Prospective Corp Members select Four (4) states from the Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria.
This Policy works regardless of your school, whether you schooled within Nigeria or outside Nigeria.
Upon Choosing Four (4) states, NYSC picks at Random and allocates One (1) state to you.
This Policy still holds till date.
In choosing states, you will not be allowed to select your State of Origin and State of Institution as they will want you to reach out to other states. You may also not be allowed to choose a state within your Geopolitical zone or region.
LIST OF GEOPOLITICAL ZONES OR REGIONS AND THEIR STATES
South East – 5 States- Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo.
South South – 6 States- Akwa-ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Rivers.
South West – 6 States- Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo.
North East- 6 States- Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe.
North West- 7 States- Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara.
North Central- 6 States- Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau.
Note: Only Married Women are allowed to serve in any state of their choice i.e. state where their husband is working.
Documents required of married women for NYSC Registration
- Marriage certificate either from Church, Mosque or Court
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Husband’s ID card or Drivers’ License
- Letter from Husband’s company or organization
- NEPA Bill or House Rent
- Newspaper publication of change of name
All these documents must be scanned and uploaded to NYSC portal and be presented at the Camp.
ABOUT NYSC CAMP
NYSC Camp is a place where you stay for three (3) weeks before you would be deployed to your Primary Place of Assignment (PPA).
Requirements or Items Needed for a successful One Year Youth Service (NYSC)
- Your Needs in NYSC
- Statement of Result
- School ID card
- White background Passport photographs- 10 copies and above
- Call-Up Letter- please do not laminate it.
- Medical Certificate of Fitness indicating your health status
- A Clear Bag file to insert all the above items; also make 5 photocopies each of items above and go with their Original copies also.
- Your wants during NYSC
- Beddings (Bed sheet, pillow case, wrapper,)
- One or two pairs of casual wear for Sundays and burn fire night,
- Mosquito Net
- Waist bag- for housing your phones, ID Cards, Handkerchief, biros, etc
- Small-sized Torchlight/Rechargeable lamp (small one please)
- Sunglasses (If you are posted to the North)
- Your ATM card(s)
- Stationery; pen, Stapler, pin, gum, permanent marker
- 2 or 3 white T-shirts and shorts
- 2 or 3 pairs of socks and white rubber tennis shoes
- Plastic bucket
- Toiletries Essentials-(Toothbrush & Toothpaste, Bath soap & Sponge, Detergent, Toilet Paper, Towel, slippers, detol).
- Food flask, cup, spoon, water bottle for water during parade.
- Basic drug like Panadol, Paracetamol, malaria drug, flagyl, pain relief drug etc
- Padlocks and key
- For the Ladies could add any other few conveniences.
When to arrive to your NYSC Camp Ground or Area
Try as much as you can to go to NYSC camp as early as possible. If you are posted to a far area, try to go a day before the stipulated date.
Early Arrival will enable you do certain things like registration on time and faster.
Things you must do as soon as you get to NYSC Camp
Screening: The Screening starts at the entrance of the camp (gate). Your properties will be opened and properly searched. Please don’t go with suspicious items like iron, knives, fork, explosive, etc.
Registration: Registration begins with assigning of hostel/bed space; here you will be given tags to identify with. Then the paper registrations proper follow.
Try as much as possible to make everything available. Look out for information pasted on notice board or walls and adhere to all the instructions given.
Camp Kits: You will get all your camp kits like shirts, shorts and shoes. Ensure you use a marker to write your name and Code Number (CN) on them.
You will also be given a tag that will show your Code Number. That will be your temporary ID card.
Ensure you carry it everywhere you go in camp.
Also a meal ticket will be given to you. If Misplaced, forget about NYSC food.
Duration at NYSC Camp: All NYSC candidates last or stay 20 days (3weeks) in Camp. The next day that will make it 21st, they will all leave the camp.
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below